EDL uses 50+ years of experience to design, engineer, and manufacture end-of-line packaging systems. From bundling, shrink bundling to wrapping, our customer focused solutions and innovative engineering have created long-standing relationships in a variety of industries.
EDL utilizes a very unique approach to our customer’s end-of-line packaging requirements. Based on our extensive experience and unparalleled expertise in tight wrap technology, EDL has a wide range of standard systems based on a modular design format.
Get unitization, stability, protection, and product visibility.
EDL’s Double Tight Wrap systems are the industry’s gold standard in tight wrap technology.
Double Tight Wrap systems use two perpendicular bands of LDPE film to tightly unitize and totally enclose a product or collation. Common applications include pet food and other gable-topped bagged products and cube-shaped products requiring total enclosure.
- Multiple line layout options (“U” and “Z” layouts)
- Double film coverage protects damage-prone corners and edges and allows cost-effective, lighter film gauges to be used.
- Throughput up to 25 packs per minute
- Engineered for flexibility and future upgrades
- Commonly built with an easy to clean design for food/pet food environments
- 15-40% reduction in film consumption vs. tradition total enclosure shrink packaging
- 25-50% reduction in energy consumption vs. traditional shrink tunnels
- Heavy-duty welded tubular steel frame with powder coat finish
- Two-roll film systems (single wound), 20” diameter capacity is common
- Frequently use dual active film cradles
- Pack-stabilizing clamps
- Teflon-coated, constant-heat seal jaws with tight wrap technology
- Category III safety switches
- High-efficiency heat tunnel
- Double tight wrap total enclosure (with minimal heat)
- Double tight band only (no heat)
See Double Tight Wrap in action!
- Double Tight Wrap – wrapping bags of beans—watch the video now
- Double Tight Wrap – wrapping pet food—watch the video now
- Double Tight Wrap – wrapping large medical boxes—watch the video now
The EDL Packaging Engineers Guarantee
- Performance Guarantee ensures EDL machines will perform as specified. All machines are thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Equipment Warranty provides a full two-year warranty on parts (equipment warranty excludes consumables)