One of the biggest challenges you face when managing your packaging operation is deciding whether to restore your existing equipment or buy new machinery. While purchasing new equipment provides the benefits of the most modern technology, refurbishing your old machines can save you a significant amount of money, specifically if they’re still capable of operating accurately and efficiently. The professionals at Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. can help you develop a strategy to decide what option is best for you.
Packaging Equipment Restoration and Repair Services
Our In-House expertise and capability allow us to tailor your equipment for improved production if needed. Through this process, we dismantle, clean, restore and refurbish your existing equipment. Should you choose, we will also sandblast and powder coat your equipment, restoring it to the original “new” machine finish.
The wealth of experience that we have in all types and brands of equipment allows us to advise you when it is more cost and time effective to refurbish your existing equipment or purchase new machinery. We are eager to help every customer, giving them the time and attention they deserve. Viking’s dedication to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction will let you breathe easy while you watch your re-manufactured equipment perform like new.
Things to Consider Before Refurbishing Your Packaging Equipment
Some of the key factors we’ll help you consider when deciding to repair, restore or buy new equipment include:
- Age: Age is one of the most critical factors dictating a machine’s performance, primarily from a technological perspective. Equipment more than 10-15 years old has difficulty competing with the speed and versatility of new machines, even when refurbished. Additionally, older models are often incapable of handling some of today’s advanced materials, limiting your company’s abilities.
- Downtime: Downtime is something you should consider when weighing frequent repairs against a complete restoration or a new machine. If your equipment is constantly breaking down, the production time you lose considerably impacts your company’s bottom line. New or refurbished equipment will pay itself off quickly if you deal with significant amounts of lost production.
- Maintenance costs: If you’re spending money often on repairs and know that a new machine is out of budget, a restoration might be your most beneficial option. The cost of packaging machinery refurbishing services will pay off quickly compared to performing repairs every time your machine malfunctions.
- Parts availability: If you have older equipment from an unpopular manufacturer, replacement parts could be challenging to locate. Even if the equipment is running efficiently, it will likely need parts replacement sometime down the road. Another thing to consider is that the inability to find replacement parts can also lead to extended amounts of downtime.
- Spoilage: If you spend significant amounts of money reworking orders or issuing product credits to your customers, it’s probably time to consider a new solution. These expenditures add up quickly, especially if you’re already dealing with frequent mechanical repairs and production downtime.
Benefits of Choosing Viking Plastic Packaging for Equipment Restoration Services
If you decide restoration is your best option, we’ll walk you through each step of the refurbishing process. When your machine arrives at our facility, we’ll thoroughly audit its condition and identify the necessary replacement parts to get it running optimally. While we wait on the parts to arrive, we’ll conduct a thorough cleaning to begin the transformation process.
After our technicians install the replacement parts and perform the necessary system repairs, we’ll thoroughly test your equipment to ensure optimal function.
Some of the advantages we offer over other restoration companies include:
- Experience and knowledge: Our technicians have more than 100 years of combined repair, troubleshooting and restoration expertise.
- Versatility: We offer packaging machinery restoration services for an extensive range of equipment, from tape machines and stretch film wrappers to case erectors.
- Parts access: In addition to the many parts we stock from brands like EASTEY, Lantech, AFM and Texwrap, we have access to a vast parts network featuring some of the top machine manufacturers in the industry.
Contact Viking Plastic Packaging Today
If you’re ready to begin your equipment’s restoration journey, our team can help you start. Contact us online today to schedule an in-person visit and allow us to evaluate your needs. If you have any additional questions about our services, our team is available to provide the information you need.
Additionally, if you decide a new machine is your most beneficial option, we offer a comprehensive range of new packaging equipment from some of the most trusted brands in the industry.