Today’s food and beverage industry wouldn’t exist without advances in packaging equipment. Thanks to the right packaging, food and drink can now be shipped all around the world. A box of cookies or crackers stays fresh, and a bottle of soda pop stays fizzy.
Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. provides packaging machinery for the food and beverage industry as part of our full-service packaging solution.
Why Packaging Matters in the Food and Beverage Industry
Packaging can be iconic, but it’s about function as much as appearance. The right packaging system for the food and beverage industry will help to:
- Create consistent branding: Packaging builds brand recognition, whether the design of the package is unique or not. A customer can see a brand’s bright red logo from across the store and know that their favorite treat is in stock. The design of food or drink packaging can also align with the rest of a brand’s advertising, creating symmetry and familiarity.
- Minimize losses: Packaging is also practical. A vacuum-sealed package of cookies or chips will stay fresh and saleable much longer than cookies or chips sold in bulk. Food or drink packaging also protects the contents inside from damage. A cushioned box will keep delicate snacks from shattering, while a well-sealed can or bottle will prevent liquid from leaking.
- Ensure product longevity: Some packaged foods have long shelf lives, which makes them appealing purchases for budget-conscious consumers or shoppers who want to stock a pantry. In the right packaging, certain foods can last months, if not years.
- Increase productivity: It’s not only the packaging itself that benefits the food and beverage industry. It’s also the equipment. Automated packaging equipment saves time and money. Using the right equipment, your company can produce more products without having to hire a larger staff or dedicate more time to labor.
Custom Packaging Solutions for the Food and Beverage Industry
Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. offers end-to-end packaging solutions for companies in the food and beverage industry. We’ll work with you to create a custom solution for all your packaging needs. We sell equipment and materials and offer setup, training and repairs to support you.
Food and Beverage Packaging Equipment
Some of the packaging equipment we sell and service includes:
- Wexxar Bel Case Erector: The automatic case former makes quick work of producing cartons and cases that are square and even. Square cartons provide better protection to your products, ensuring that chips don’t crumble into dust and cans don’t get dented.
- WSN-GEN S Steam Heat Tunnel: The steam heat tunnel takes care of middle, full body, and full body and cap shrink applications. Shrink-wrapped products won’t shift or break in shipping.
- LX-150: The shrink sleever is also intended for middle, full body, and full body and cap applications, helping to protect products during shipping.
- EASTEYS Bundling Tunnel: The bundling tunnel offers reliable shrink performance to help products stay intact.
- Sharp Automated Bagging System: An automated bagging system opens, fills and seals product packages. Your products will move through the assembly line and out into the world more efficiently.
Full-Service Food and Beverage Packaging Solutions
Turn to Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. when you need a solution approach to food and beverage packaging. We’ll be with you every step of the way, from product selection to service and repairs. Call (651) 452-7272 or contact us online to learn more.