Shurtape Packaging Tape Solutions
Protecting loads during transit presents an ongoing challenge for any business. Using high-quality packaging tape can ensure product security and give you more peace of mind.
Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. is your one-stop headquarters for Shurtape packaging tape that can add value to your distribution operations. As full-service Shurtape packaging tape suppliers, we support these exceptional products with reliable services to maximize your end-user experience.
About Shurtape Packaging Tapes
In continuous operation since 1880, Shurtape Technologies has a history of entrepreneurship and innovation, from spinning cotton, yarn and twine to their focus today: making high-quality, high-performing tapes. Shurtape Technologies' success is built on passion — for the products, for complete customer satisfaction and for the markets served. Shurtape Technologies is proud to craft — and supply — the right tape solution for every job.
Integrating wholesale Shurtape carton sealing tape into your packaging operations can offer numerous business benefits:
- Less material waste: The superior quality provided by Shurtape products means you'll need less tape to secure your packages. You'll lower the demand on the resources required to manufacture the product and spend less on packaging materials, boosting your business's bottom line.
- Reduced downtime: Using inferior tape can lead to issues like jams and application defects, which take time to correct. You'll experience these problems less often when using Shurtape, resulting in fewer work stoppages and enabling you to keep production runs on schedule.
- Increased safety: Improperly secured goods pose a safety hazard to workers throughout the distribution chain, but Shurtape provides a reliable packaging solution to keep cartons from opening and prevent their contents from falling out. The tape's robust adhesion helps you create a less hazardous and more productive work environment.
- Decreased maintenance requirements: Frequent tape jams and application defects can take a toll on your packaging equipment. With Shurtape, you can package goods confidently without these issues damaging your expensive machinery and requiring constant maintenance.
- Theft protection: Are you experiencing issues with goods “disappearing” during transit? Carefully taped cartons make it harder for anyone who comes in contact with your packages to pilfer the products inside.
Hot Melt Tapes
From manual packing stations to automated lines, Shurtape HP Series hot melt packaging tapes are built to maximize throughput to save time and labor. For secure seals and added production efficiency, HP Series offers the highest holding power to fiberboard in the industry and performs reliably down to the core. HP Series specialty hot melt tapes are purpose-built to deliver reliable performance and quick stick in cold-temp, refrigerated environments and specialty recycled corrugated cartons where adhesion proves challenging. Ranging from 1.6 mil general-purpose to 3.4 mil extremely tough options, HP Series hot melt packaging tapes combine an aggressive, high-tack adhesive with Hold Strong® technology to keep carton seals intact.
Masking Paper Tapes
General purpose grade flatback kraft paper tape with a synthetic rubber-based adhesive for splicing and packaging applications; meets FDA specifications for indirect food contact. High-adhesion flatback paper tape is available in a variety of colors, including high-visibility fluorescents. These adhesives can be used printed or unprinted for labeling and color-coding tasks on a variety of surfaces, including vinyl, metal, glass, plastic and rubber.
Water-Based Acrylic Tapes
Built for light to heavy-duty applications, Shurtape water-based acrylic carton sealing tapes are designed to give you the long-lasting performance you demand. For added functionality, AP Series tapes perform in extreme temperatures and are UV resistant to protect against yellowing.
Water-activated tapes deliver a powerful bond to corrugated surfaces and produce tamper-evident seals that reduce the risk of theft or product damage, making them ideal for manual packaging stations, e-commerce and single parcel shipments. The tape’s adhesive is activated by water, which is applied by a tabletop dispenser that is designed to feed, moisten and cut selected lengths of tape to be applied by hand.
Strapping tapes differ from other types of pressure-sensitive packaging tapes because they have fiberglass filaments built into them. This provides reinforcement that results in a stronger tape that is resistant to tears and abrasion. Strapping tapes are ideal for bundling, strapping and palletizing applications, as well as L-Clip case sealing. They are also commonly used to reinforce cartons containing particularly heavy items.
Solvent-Based Acrylic Tapes
Shurtape solvent-based acrylic packaging tapes are crafted to deliver excellent performance across a variety of shipping and handling applications.
Why Make Us Your Shurtape Distribution Partner?
While you may have other options for Shurtape case sealing tape suppliers, few can match the range and quality of services provided by Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. Since our founding in 1967, we've earned the trust of sole proprietorships, mid-size businesses and Fortune 500 companies across a broad spectrum of industries. Our unrivaled expertise in equipment, service and supplies and our ability to help our customers get products to market quickly set us apart.
As an industry leader since 1967, we recognize the importance of optimizing the match between packaging equipment and materials. With decades of industry experience, we understand what it takes to achieve this balance. At Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc., we focus on providing customized solutions for every customer, so you can expect your products to deliver the best results.
We'll also be there to assist you every step of the way. As full-service Shurtape packaging tape distributors, we can install your equipment and materials and integrate them into your existing systems. As a leading OEM parts and service provider, we can maintain, troubleshoot and repair all mechanical issues to keep your machinery in top condition throughout its life cycle.
Learn More About Shurtape Packaging Tape
Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. can help you explore the benefits of using Shurtape carton sealing tape to secure your boxes and packages. Contact us online to request additional product and pricing information today, or schedule a demo with our team to see how this solution works with your products.