Are you looking to advance your career with a fast-growing organization? Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. can provide you with an excellent career opportunity.
An industry leader since 1967, Viking Plastic Packaging is a full-service distributor of packaging products. We offer the finest in flexible packaging equipment, materials, parts, service, and training.
Field Service Technician Overview
Our Field Service Technicians assist not only in setup, testing and training, but also with integration, rebuilds, troubleshooting and repair of a wide range of packaging equipment.
The Field Service Technician is a vital team member within our organization, who works directly with our customers to ensure that all of their service expectations are met. Our technicians are trained to work on a wide range of equipment from leading manufacturers, representing state-of-the-art packaging equipment.
At Viking Plastic Packaging we are in search of goal-oriented professionals with exceptional mechanical and interpersonal skills to help lead and grow our company now and in the future!
Field Service Technician Responsibilities
- Provide expert on-site service support for equipment installations and training, including problem diagnosis, analysis, and repair
- Technicians develop and maintain rapport with the customer base and partner with the customer to make beneficial recommendations regarding the technical maintenance of their equipment
- Assume ownership of customer issues and follow through until resolved
- Provide telephone technical support for customer issues
- Involved with in-house equipment rebuilds
- Efficient planning practices to maximize productivity
Field Service Technician Qualifications & Experience
- Technical school graduate
- Mechanical and electrical aptitudes
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Computer skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Field Service Technician Compensation & Benefits
Viking Plastic Packaging offers a competitive wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan, Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation.
- OEM Service Training
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Necessary Tools
Field Service Technician Application