Stretch film, also known as stretch or pallet wrap, is one of the most popular unitization methods in today’s marketplace for securing boxes or bags of any product to a pallet for safe shipment.
Stretch Film Applications
Stretch film provides an excellent alternative to strapping, corrugated materials, polybags and similar unitization methods. It can also be used for unitizing unusually sized, non-palletized goods such as:
- Building materials
- Rolled goods
- Steel beams
- Wood products
- Buckets of paint or other liquids
- Wire reels
- Feed and seed
- Medical items
Stretch film provides product protection, maximizing unitization and minimum packaging costs per load. Virtually any product can be stretch-wrapped given the right equipment and films.
Commercial Stretch Film Suppliers
We offer stretch film from Malpack, one of the most trusted brands in the business. These are high-quality stretch films designed to help you tackle many applications across industries. The Malpack stretch films we carry include:
- Stretch Max: The pre-stretch levels of this film are up to 300%. Stretch Max has high tensile strength and is resistant to punctures. Choose one- or two-sided cling when you opt for this five-layer machine stretch film.
- Axis 2.0: This stretch film provides some of the highest performance of all Malpack offerings. It has enhanced load control and can even help you with sustainability efforts.
- Platinum Max (machine): This stretch film has several gauge profiles and comes in extreme clarity. It has one-sided cling and comes in 500-millimeter or 750-millimeter widths.
- Pro-Max: The Pro-Max stretch film is a high-performing, cost-effective choice that you can purchase in 51, 57 or 63 gauge.
- Platinum Max (hand): This stretch film has levels of resistance against punctures and tears. The thin film retains the strength of thicker options. The film is easy on workers and has high clarity levels.
- V-Max 3 Oriented: This light- to medium-duty hand stretch film offers edge damage resistance and quick application.
We also offer several other varieties of Malpack stretch films, including colored, UVI, wide web, converted banding and extended core options.
The Benefits of Premium Stretch Film for Your Equipment
The advantages of using one of our premium stretch films in your equipment are extensive. These films are designed to work well in stretch wrap machines, improving efficiency. Premium films are of better quality, so they will help prolong your equipment’s useful life and reduce downtime due to application issues caused by cheaper films.
Stretch film extruded by the blown process typically produces greater puncture resistance but has less aesthetic value than cast films. Blown films are also very loud as you unwind.
Stretch films extruded by cast typically have greater tear resistance, greater aesthetic values and are quiet as you unwind.
The Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. Method
We take a comprehensive approach with every partner and find premium stretch films and equipment for any application. Our method involves the following steps:
- Searching for advanced technology: Our goal is to source innovative stretch films and equipment. We aim to find products designed for optimization and efficient workloads.
- Finding products specifically for you: We take it one step further by looking specifically at common industry applications for these products so we can help you integrate the solution directly.
- Increasing performance: We help you with automation and finding the right materials for your application. After installation, we offer routine maintenance and other lifetime services as your end-to-end solutions provider.
Choose Viking as Your Stretch Film Distributor
Viking Plastic Packaging, Inc. is a wholesale stretch film supplier, meaning we understand the importance of having the right equipment for your job. We offer several Lantech machines, including:
- Q Series Turntables
- QL Series Turntables
- S Series Straddles
- Q Automatics Turntables
- QL Automatic Turntables
- S Automatics Straddles
Our team provides technical support and replacement parts along with equipment refurbishing. Our installation and maintenance programs help extend your machine’s life.
Let us help you find the right equipment and materials for your plastic packaging needs. Browse our cast stretch wrap packaging solutions and contact us online today for more information on wholesale stretch film.